Forced to get an inexpensive paint job

Yes, Yes! Solid colors let you clean up all manner of paint flaws after
the fact. Plus it's easier to match paint colors if there should be some
body damage in the future.
It is absolutely the way to go if you're painting your nephews car for
example. Lower initial cost, can be done a panel at a time without
worrying about paint match, and easier to fix when they have the
inevitable body damage.
my .02
Dan