A1 Exhaust compatibility

---------- "Ray Dowling" <RayD@amfirst.org> writes:

From: "Ray Dowling" <RayD@amfirst.org>
To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: A1 Exhaust compatibility
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:45:18 -0500

 Having looked at the floor pan of a Mk2 Scirocco and that of a later Cabriolet ('88) I'm fairly sure that the exhaust routing is the same. Can anyone confirm that the entire exhaust system (manifold and all) from a 16V Scirocco will fit my '88 Cabby with 16V swap? I'm looking to get rid of my header and custom exhaust thus trading a little performance for the sake of the neighbor's car alarms. Any info or pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks.

 Ray - '88 Cabby 16V
       '90 Corrado G60
       '99 Jetta IV (for sale)

Yes, and the muffler should also fit, since they both have the space-saver spare.

I think '88 was the first year for the factory body kit, and I'm not sure if that would affect how it fits...

Peter@thescirocco.com is my new e-mail address.[mailto:peter@thescirocco.com]

The Juno account is only for the list, and SPAM.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.