Ideas for a (missing) radio face-plate?

--=======177FD5D=======

At 06:16 PM 10/3/02 -0400, Ryan H wrote:

>Hey guys, I have no radio in my car, and I plan to keep it that way for a
>while.  The wires and the inside of the radio area looks nasty,
>though.  Any ideas on something I can put there to cover it up?  I was
>thinking of some kinda black plastic of about the same texture.  You guys
>seem creative at things like this though...
>
>Ryan H.
>
>----------------------
>I'll fix my car, even if I have to replace every part in it... and since
>the problem will be the last part I replace, I'll have a brand new car
>when I'm done!

Not sure whether or not you have a MkI or MkII but I seem to remember
seeing in the ETKA
a radio blanking plate for the MkI.  Not sure if there is such a thing for
a MkII.  You could also
make one with a piece of aluminum(most sheetmetal shops will cut it to size
for you) and some
black wrinkle finish paint(I know Eastwood sells it, maybe someone local to
you has it too).
Speaking of these, if someone on the list has one for the MkI or an
original Scirocco/Rabbit
radio from the late 70's, such as '78 I'd be interested.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'92 Polaris Indy Deluxe