From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 8:46 PM
Subject: E Test results - ~:(

Well, the sniffer flunked my car, very high CO and HCs at both idle and the
2000-3000 rpm range, way too high, not even in the ballpark... NOX was fine,
well low.

So does this mean the cat is fine if NOX was okay, and what are the most
likey
culprits? I have to confess I have no clue about tuning this car (
obviously)
And no I didn't get the idle issue fixed, that shouldn't likely hit the
"running" part of the test should it? And apparently I'm polluting like a
mad
fiend all the time, not just at idle.

This is a 2L 16V, TT exhaust and Euro intake cam. It runs fine (at least I
think so, seems to be quick/smooth) except for the idle problem, and it is
easy on gas. It idled nicely during the test. Filters, plugs etc are all
new.
I've never touched the mix since the car ran fine, but I have replaced the
idle bypass screw, and adjusted the idle using it. Maybe this threw things
off. And the little switches on the TB are going to be replaced shortly, but
I'm not paying the dealer $228 for them.

But I'm in a fine mood, since I got to pay an extra $5.00 because the rates
changed TODAY, and I can either fix it myself and it HAS to pass, or get the
local Canadian Tire boys to fix it as much as they can for $200, in which
case
it can continue to pollute for two more years. I'd rather try to figure it
out
and spend the $200 on something other than their labour. And I'd really
rather
not have them touch it actually. So advice is welcome, as always. Just when
thought it was running well, this stupid government has to screw me over. I
was happy polluting...

Not QUITE a pizza rant, but it's close (those at Waterfest will know what
this
means...)

Cathy - Unhappily polluting the air in Southern Ontario, but I'm getting 37
MPG.