E Test results - ~:(

Well, the sniffer flunked my car, very high CO and HCs at both idle and t=
he
2000-3000 rpm range, way too high, not even in the ballpark... NOX was fi=
ne,
well low. =

So does this mean the cat is fine if NOX was okay, and what are the most =
likey
culprits? I have to confess I have no clue about tuning this car ( obviou=
sly)
And no I didn't get the idle issue fixed, that shouldn't likely hit the
"running" part of the test should it? And apparently I'm polluting like a=
 mad
fiend all the time, not just at idle. =

This is a 2L 16V, TT exhaust and Euro intake cam. It runs fine (at least =
think so, seems to be quick/smooth) except for the idle problem, and it i=
easy on gas. It idled nicely during the test. Filters, plugs etc are all =
new.
I've never touched the mix since the car ran fine, but I have replaced th=
idle bypass screw, and adjusted the idle using it. Maybe this threw thing=
off. And the little switches on the TB are going to be replaced shortly, =
but
I'm not paying the dealer $228 for them.

But I'm in a fine mood, since I got to pay an extra $5.00 because the rat=
es
changed TODAY, and I can either fix it myself and it HAS to pass, or get =
the
local Canadian Tire boys to fix it as much as they can for $200, in which=
 case
it can continue to pollute for two more years. I'd rather try to figure i=
t out
and spend the $200 on something other than their labour. And I'd really r=
ather
not have them touch it actually. So advice is welcome, as always. Just wh=
en I
thought it was running well, this stupid government has to screw me over.=
was happy polluting...

Not QUITE a pizza rant, but it's close (those at Waterfest will know what=
 this
means...)

Cathy - Unhappily polluting the air in Southern Ontario, but I'm getting =
37
MPG.