From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Cathy Boyko
Sent: November 27, 2002 6:08 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Fuel drainback question

Sorry to be a pest, but my car has been out for a new check valve and
accumulator, and the Bentley is with it.  The reason was the car loses its
fuel prime, like it completely drains back, and I thought it was likely the
check valve. And the accumulator was so rusty it was due to start leaking
externally, so I figured have both done. The line between them got replaced
too.
Anyway, the car still needs the pump blipped like 10 times proir to startup
get fuel into the lines. So what is the next most likely item to cause this?
Or is one of the new parts likely faulty? They are new, not from a junker.
The
car runs fine once it gets started.
Thanks, I want this resolved before it gets stored,  it's likely not too
great
having the fuel lines empty for the winter. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks, Cathy
1987 16V 2L Scirocco, "the silver never ending joy"