Fuel drainback question

Sorry to be a pest, but my car has been out for a new check valve and
accumulator, and the Bentley is with it.  The reason was the car loses it=
fuel prime, like it completely drains back, and I thought it was likely t=
he
check valve. And the accumulator was so rusty it was due to start leaking=

externally, so I figured have both done. The line between them got replac=
ed
too.
Anyway, the car still needs the pump blipped like 10 times proir to start=
up to
get fuel into the lines. So what is the next most likely item to cause th=
is?
Or is one of the new parts likely faulty? They are new, not from a junker=
=2E The
car runs fine once it gets started.
Thanks, I want this resolved before it gets stored,  it's likely not too =
great
having the fuel lines empty for the winter. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks, Cathy =

1987 16V 2L Scirocco, "the silver never ending joy"