[Funny idle]

Scott Rose <slash2@mindspring.com> wrote:
When my 16v is cold it idels dead at 1000.  When it warms up it will stic=
at any where's from 2000-2800.  sometimes it will drop back to the 1000
mark after I jab the throttle.  but only sometimes.  I unplugged the isv
and plugged it back when it was doing it high idle shit, and it dropped
back down.  that only worked once though.  Any ideas?
Scott Rose
88 red 16v
78 "sky blue"
90 yellow g60(not too much left now)
Import R  "solid shift" linkages for VW A1 chassis

Mine did this too. Initially it was thought to be the idle throttle switc=
h on
the TB itself, but it turned out to be okay. (But it can have these sympt=
oms
from what I've heard)
Mine was cured with replaceing a faulty O2 sensor (easy to test) and it h=
ad
been trying to cope with a mixture that was full rich. Once those two thi=
ngs
were fixed, the idle is smooth as glass, and doesn't rise up when the car=
 gets
warm. My idle had been wildly fluctuating (hunting, or more like panting)=

before it settled in too high, so that may be different than yours. All p=
retty
easy to resolve with the help of the list (thanks again guys!) =

cathy