[Re: 16v has more power when motor is cold?]

Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 11/23/2002 10:17:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> treed2@u.washington.edu writes:
> =

> > happen if you were to get some soft
> > copper tubing and coil it around the intake runners, then run it
> back to a
> > small electric water pump, reservoir and a miniature =

> > radiator (old heater
> > core?).

IMO, if you settled on heat removal as a method to substantially
increase HP, you'd be better off constructing some sort of shield above
the exhaust manifold and/or thermal barrier coating on the ex.
manifold.  Also, I reckon some spacers between the intake and the head
might help as much.  Ideas only, no substantiation.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Cheapass Ron
'87 Scirocco 16'Victor'

I saw one at the drags once with a small fan/ductwork to channel cooler a=
ir
over the runners and injectors. (it would likely blow away some of the he=
at
from the exhaust too) It ran a nice fast 1/8th. And of course, his engine=
 was
"stock" (liars abound in the staging lanes).
Cathy =

2L 1987 16V Scirocco "bone stock" (LOL) =

"the silver headache"