need help - too much play on the driveshaft flanges??

Looks like there is a leak on the drivers side seal, the passenger side is=
=20
nice and dry. The hole differential can slide side to side by a few mm and=
=20
you can wobble the diff too. I think the seals are keeping it in place.=20
There are thrust bearings in the case that support the diff, right? could=20
one or both of these be bad?

On the whole the tranny does not make any unusual noises. It shifts in all=
=20
gears and reverse... there is a bit of a stutter when letting the clutch=20
out in first that I originally thought was the clutch or pressure plate or=
=20
flywheel being warped but now I don't know if it was maybe this.

Now I need a replacement AGB...

-RGK-