16v has more power when motor is cold?

Oddly enough, the old manual I had for my rocc said that 'Letting the car warm up does nothing and is merely a waste of gas.' It surprised me and I usually let the car warm up about a minute or so anyways (until the defoggers start doing their thing and I can grasp the steering wheel without my hands freezing to it) so take it as you will.

Dan

P.S.- I'm not really sure how you define hotrodding, but I never go hotrodding around in my car. The closest I get is seeing how close I can get to the estimated 4.9sec 0-60 time VW used to claim. I think that was their claim anyways, I can't remember. Not that I baby my car or anything, I'm just real good at doing things when cops are in the vicinity.