putting cabriolet body kit on a rabbit

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, the mad b=E4st=E4rd wrote:
> geez, drew.  have you not seen alee's car?
>=20
> http://community.webshots.com/user/mk1vwgrl
>=20
> plenty of pix of her rabbit.  there's also one
> pic of the car before she did the single round
> conversion.  the car looks a helluva lot better
> with single rounds than single squares, IMHO.

Yes, it definitely does look better with the rounds.  I prefer the rounds
to sqaure/rectangular headlights so much so that I undertook a dual round
conversion in my first 84 Jetta GLI.  Some day, I might actually finish
it... :) But more likely I'll slap the front end and fenders in another
"square" car that needs a facelift - or maybe a pickup.

The thing that really drives me nuts about the US built rabbits is the
plethora of US parts - Westmoreland cars had enough domestic content to
count as domestics - that scares the hell out of me...  If I wanted a
domestic I'd go get a Studebaker or something.

This could be accounted for with the following conversions:

front end (seen it, liked it)
full car wiring harness (donate from 83,84 Jetta, 84+ Scirocco, so you get
the newer style relay plate)
dash - minimally an A1 Jetta dash, maybe an A2 Jetta dash if you're
feeling adventuresome
headliner - get that cardboard fuzzy crap out of there and replace it with
the vinyl & stays of the German A1 cars (you know, the one that doesn't
fall down?
rear tails - german-built rabbit/cabrio

By the time all of these are done, there wouldn't be enough US-built
Rabbit left to sicken my stomach... :)

But Alee's car does look very sharp - and I will make nothing but positive
comments about the owner (and her spouse) because they know where I live.

Drew

Drew MacPherson - '84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco TurboDiesel