Bad K/S module on 16v...

   Yup. New one for me, never even heard of one going bad before=
 tonight.

I've been working on the 87' for the past 2 nights trying to get=
 it to start. The engine from the 85' has been in for a little=
 over a week now and I finally got around to connecting all the=
 acc's and wiring. But the fuel pumps wouldn't run unless=
 jumpered, and even then, only the main pump barely. I tested the=
 wiring, all good. I pulled the main pump from the 85' and put it=
 on the 87' (still need to swap the tank pump). Still didn't work=
 unless jumped, but it sounded healthier at least. Finally, I=
 tried starting the car with the pump jumpered. Nothing! Pull a=
 plug wire, instert allen wrench, held it close to the block=
 while my friend cranked... nothing?!? Test coil, it's good.=
 Check Bentley... says the fuel pumps get signal from K/S=
 module... gears are turning.
Pull module from 85', connect to 87' wiring. Cranks right up!

Can someone explain why a bad K/S module would cause a no-spark=
 problem?

Now to finish the suspension (frozen lower rear shock bolts)...

Thanks for letting me rant. Later,
Joshua