(OT) Mercedes Engine Swap Question

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 23:49:26 -0800, "Rabbit16v" <Rabbit16v@attbi.com>
wrote:

>Anyone know if a 2.2L 4 cylinder out of a C220 would fit in a 86 190E?
>Someone wants me to swap the motor/trans from a 96 C220 into an 86 190E.=
  If
>it is anything like VW, the fuel systems are probably totally different =
and
>the transmission is probably electronic.  Probably something I don't =
want to
>mess with but I need verification so I can let this guy know I'm not =
doing
>it because of such and such.  TIA!!

Although I have no specific knowledge about such a swap, I would
suspect it to be a giant PITA without much benefit.  Unlike VWs, there
are few places to look for parts help (or experienced advice).  Most
MB mechanics would probably decline to do it although swapping 500 &
560 V8s into 126 S class cars is not that uncommon.  My nephew has a
former diesel 82 S class with a Euro 500 V8 he did a couple of years
ago.  He left the "Turbo Diesel" badges in place - it surprises people
off the line :-)

Gordon

88 MB 300CE
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9=20