Insane speed in german cars... slightly OT, had to share...

At 01:59 PM 11/6/2002, T. Reed wrote:
> > I wasn't able to find the Cd for the original 280Z.  The Cd for the A1 cars
> > (Scirocco and GTI) is 0.42. When they debuted, that was quite good
> > actually.  (I incorrectly stated the Cd of the Rabbit as 0.44 yesterday).
> >
> > Jason
>
>Perhaps the 16v Scirocco is different than the 8v or mkI but my sources
>say its Cd is 0.38..

Sorry -- what that should have read was: The A1 Rabbit and the Mk1 Scirocco
are 0.42.  The Mk2 Scirocco is 0.38...
Jason

>I'd be very surprised if all A1s had the same drag coefficient just
>because they had the same chassis.. they have vastly differing body
>shapes.

You're right of course, the chassis has nothing to do with it...
I find it amazing that the Mk1 Scirocco and the Rabbit have the same Cd
actually...

Jason