ATTN:Kevin Collins (front reinforcement)

Josh Able wrote:

> I was at a shop that only does chassis work for race cars/etc. I showed
> pictures of the cross member brace that Kevin has, and talked with the guy
> there for awhile.

> Basically he didn't think that the brace, or any other bracing (short of
> going really balls out) would really make a big change.

Hmm.

This is actually not the first time Ron has done one of these - the first
time was on his own Scirocco that he used to rally years ago.  If it did
the job on a rally car - then as far as I'm concern, it's "battle-tested"!
He's also done at least one more for a customer in the interim.

At some point I'll have to do a careful inspection and see if everything
is holding up (i.e. all the welded-up cracks, and there's plenty of 'em,
are holding).  AFAIK all is still well down there..

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA