insurance questions...

with Michael's report on working with progressive for 3 months before
seeing the money he needed on the car, I'm going to pose the question
to the group. I'm probably going to be insuring an 8v sometime in the
near future. I'm nineteen, have a "clean" (according to the DMV)
driving record, and have taken defensive driving within the last
three years. Any suggestions? I'm in CT. I can work out New York
insurance, because I'm in school there, but it'd take a while
(transferring license, etc.) Anyway... Does anyone have any
suggestions about a good company? Progressive was a joke. All the
damn signs they have in my town must really drive premiums through
the roof. Allstate and Geico are both offering about 1000 a year
(base coverage, no collision, etc.) Anyone hear of anything better?

Thanks,
Lyman