Has anyone converted their 78-81 MKI to the pre 78 style?

On Thu, 16 May 2002 07:14:39 -0400, you wrote:

>Just a thought I had.  Never having really seen a pre '78 I don't know =
how=20
>feasible it would
>be, but it seems to me that all one would need would be the fenders and=20
>turnsignals.  Any
>thoughts on this?  I thought about this because it seems that the =
fenders=20
>for the 75-77 cars
>are a bit easier to find than the later ones.  Would make a nice change =
for=20
>the '81 if I can
>reverse it's rust problems.

You would also need (or need to fill in the hole for) the side marker
light.  I think you might have a problem matching newer bumpers at the
ends where they attach to the fender.  If you need any close up photos
of the "old" ones, let me know. =20

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9
http://home.att.net/~gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm