Mk1 cooling fan replacement?

On Wed, 15 May 2002 21:10:53 -0600, you wrote:

>hehe.. I would agree with the courage part.. and well
>the dumb part.. hmm it's definatly a risk but my Fiancee
>was very eager to learn (important) and she is a very=20
>exceptional listener who followed my instructions exactly.

My sister followed instructions exactly too.  It was about 1965 and my
dad is teaching my sister to drive.  The car is a 1960 Studebaker Lark
convert with a V8 and 3 on the tree plus overdrive.  Most of where I
grew up was flat, but in town there was a 1 block stretch of street
(Race Street) that led down to the river.  She's driving with dad,
going from dead stop across an intersection, and up this steep hill.
She takes off in 1st across the flat intersection and shifts to
second.  The v8 rumbles up the hill, not gaining speed or RPMs.  About
half way up this hill, she shifts to third and the Lark starts bucking
like a champion horse.

Dad: "Why did you do that?"

Sister: "You told me to shift from first to second when you cross the
intersection and second to third about half way down the block."

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9
http://home.att.net/~gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm