Mk1 cooling fan replacement?

My friend was begging me to teach him how to drive a stick for quite some
time and while I was willing to help, I told him I wasn't going to let him
drive my 'roc so he'd have to find another car for me to teach him in

Well, that all changed when I found out my clutch had gone to shit. I
figured this would be the perfect opportunity to teach him because the
worst he could do is grind gears or run in to something, neither of which
I was going to let happen.. "say it again, 'I will not touch the shifter
without first stepping on the clutch'.. " :)

The new clutch+pplate arrived via UPS and I took him to a parking lot and
let him slip to his heart's content (no, I didn't actually encourage it).
Of course, after learning on a clutch like that he got a real nasty
surprise when he tried to drive a car with a clutch thats surface wasn't
caked with oil and dirt. :)

-Toby

--
'87 16v