Amplifier Installation

First off, 35 watts is a bit under powered for a sub.  Most decent subs are
going to require around 80+ watts, but it really depends on the sub you want
to use.  My current setup is a 600w Jensen amp 2ohm stable pushing a MTX
blue thunder 10 inch in a Q-logic box.  Now I only have about 200w going to
it and it adds ton's of bass, but not so much that the car rattles or be
heard from a block away.

As for the wiring, I have mine on a switch sitting on the tray under the
dash, the power wire goes directly to the battery using monster cable with
in-line fuse to the switch, then to the amp with another in-line fuse.  I
have the amp grounded to the rear seat belt anchor bolt.  By doing this, I
don't have to worry about the amp blowing a needed fuse on the fuse panel
and I don't watch my lights dim when the bass hits either.  Some amps do
have the remote wire that can be connected to the power attena wire on most
modern radios.  Some are needed for the amp to turn on, some arn't.  Mine
doesn't need it, but if yours does, you can just tie it into the main hot
wire to the amp.  I prefer a manual switch since I'm not always in the mood
for bass, but other people have different opionions.

The amp you have is better for powering mid range speakers provising better
hi's and mid's.  A powered sub (like a bazooka tube) is not a bad way to go
in a scirocco since the trunk area is large enough to allow the bass to
build and bounce into a nice rich tone.

Hope that helps, Also, if your head unite and whatever you use to power a
sub supports it, use rca style cable between the two.  Regular speaker wire
is ok for factory speakers, but RCA is where you want to be for sub's
pumping out the beats.

William