MKI fuel tank, compression test

> Scott williams on fuel MKI fuel tank;
> But, since you are spending
> massive $$$ on this, why not go with a fuel cell or 13.8 gal MKII tank?
> Pipe replaced with rubber tubing?  I have no experience with this, but
> I'm sure some of the race shops have.

Thanks for the advice, Brian. Call me either a slacker or practical minded,
but methinks I'll just buy a new stock tank. Can the MkII fuel tank fit?
Remember that the early cars have the full-sized spares. Won't the big tank
foul the tire well? I'm also thinking that a fuel cell is a bit too extreme
for this car. Hey, did I just say that? :^)

Thanks again, mon.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut