MKI fuel tank, compression test

Scott williams on fuel MKI fuel tank;

I believe if you have lots of time, the fingers of ET, and/or some
long-axx needle nose, you can replace a pipe that runs to the pickup,
accessed from
the top fuel guage sender plate opening.  But, since you are spending
massive $$$ on this, why not go with a fuel cell or 13.8 gal MKII tank?
Pipe replaced with rubber tubing?  I have no experience with this, but
I'm sure some of the race shops have.

Calimus on low compression values:

After your wet test, consider having a leak-down test done to get
confirming diagnosis before tearing down.  OT, but a mechanic I consulted
about an old Subaru (78?) my brother had blown the head gasket on said
you only needed 100 psi for an engine to run.  Since the car went for
$100, didn't feel too bad.

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre