Will oil filter for a 2.0 ABA work on older mount?

I've got a Mann oil filter W719/30 (06A.115.561) that is spec'd for the
95 2.0 ABA bottom end that I'm swapping in my 81.  BUT, I'm using the
older (non cooler) oil filter mount.  Will this filter work ok?  Mann
lists a different one for 92 and older cars (this one for 93 and
newer).  Anyone know the difference between the two?  Is the latter one
designed with the larger oil pump in the ABA in mind?  Or is the
difference in the mounting surface/dimensions?

Thanks!

Mark.

(now in a hurry to finish the 2.0 ABA hybrid swap cause the connecting
rod bearing(s) FINALLY spun and seized my engine this morning :(  I
can't beleive it actually ran like that for months - I kept saying "I
don't know, I think she's gonna blow this week!" - It sounded WAY worse
than a diesel...)