From: Scott F. Williams [mailto:sfwilliams@comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 7:28 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Cincy: hotrod plans/what to do? ACK!

Hello, my name is Scott Williams and I am a complete lunatic. I can't
control my urges to go fast and... Oh, god. I really need your help right
now.

Here's the deal. I have found yet another crazy motor to drop into my car.
For a super stupid silly cheap price of $2k I can get a *brand new* motor of
the following specifications:

95.5 mm knife edged stroker crank
83.5mm forged aluminum thermal barrier coated pistons
fully balanced bottem end
big valve 16v head w/Schrick 276 cams
radial intake valve job
thermal barrier coated combustion chamber
heat emitter coated valve cover
ARP bolts everywhere
**12:1 compression**

Keep in mind that I've already got a 2032cc motor ready to be installed
right now. Its value is also around $2k, so this upgrade would essentially
come for free. This new motor would be far more powerful and is a much
greater value for the dollar. However, it is 12:1 CR and that means that
it'll run on race gas only. :^( What's a brutha to do?

Well, swapping the lower compression pistons out of the existing motor is an
option. But, that will take time. With less than a month to go before
Cincy... should I just install what I've got and pass this deal onto
somebody else? I think not! Can I live with myself if I miss the Cincy event
in my own car (again) this year? Ack! It might kill me. :^( Can I get away
with 12:1 on a TEC-II tuned engine? Maybe?

Someone please talk some sense into me. I could seriously use some advice
here. This is a great problem to have, of course. But, I've got to jump on
this deal immediately if i want it. What do I do? HELP!
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut