My own 2 stupid questions (tires and trannies)

--- Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:
> Okay,two things:
> 1. Tires. I have a new set of used rims with two dead
> tires. I plan to buy two
> new tires to match the non dead pair (Dunlop SP8000,
> 195/55 ZR 14), so the
> newer ones go on the back, correct???

As has been previously posted - the new ones normally go on
the front.

> 2. Trannies. For those with the 3.94 final drive, who
> have switched to a
> different fifth gear, what did you go to and are you
> still going deaf?

I'm using an .80 5th in a 4k tranny.  This only gives about
100 rpm less than stock in 5th gear, though I think the
difference seems more significant than it is.  I like the
fact that it doesn't seem like there's a "hole" between 4th
& 5th like there is when using a .75 gear.

> 3. Well, okay, three things, I threw caution to the wind
> and went for a long
> drive today (like 4 hours)  despite some possible
> leakages.

Just keep an eye on the tranny fluid level (this was the
leak we were talking about a few days ago, right?)  And
bring that puppy to Brett's next weekend.  :)

 Going to
> cry now, I'm so happy.....

There there, don't cry - we understand.  :)

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace