My own 2 stupid questions (tires and trannies)

Well, since I have quieter exhaust than a dynocrap, I can't answer the 2nd
question (plus I am happy with the stock AGB gearing but had to get my 2
cents in there about dynomax!!).  As far as the tire question is concerned,
I have heard both ways but the one that makes the most sense to me is to
have the newer ones in the front.  Mostly because the front tires wear the
fastest (unless something is tweaked in the rear), and because you want your
driving/steering/braking tires to have the best tread.  I rotate when I see
a little difference between the front and rear tread (you can go my mileage,
but in my case that doesn't seem to work to well  : o).  BUT, if you put the
better tires in the rear and just run the life out of the older tires, then
you just replace the older tires sooner and have a newer set all together.
Depending on how old the used tires are, I might just replace them all since
old tires have a tendancy to vibrate and pull apart.  The cheap side says
buy two and put them in the front, if I had money, buy all four, but I,
myself, wouldn't put the better tires in the rear.  HTH!!

Dave

Okay,two things:
1. Tires. I have a new set of used rims with two dead tires. I plan to buy
two
new tires to match the non dead pair (Dunlop SP8000, 195/55 ZR 14), so the
newer ones go on the back, correct??? Don't tell me to buy four, I just
bought
17's for the DD and there is only so much money in the Bank of Mastercard.
And
what inflation do you folks run, for normal street use.
2. Trannies. For those with the 3.94 final drive, who have switched to a
different fifth gear, what did you go to and are you still going deaf?
Mine's
bad stock (Dynomax is declining), and not going to improve with the new R&P.
So LMK what you all did gear wise, dynomat is also on the shopping list.
3. Well, okay, three things, I threw caution to the wind and went for a long
drive today (like 4 hours)  despite some possible leakages. Anyway, I'm glad
spring is finally here, and thanks to all of you who have contributed parts
and advice, what a great car. Can't drive it without thinking of all the
support this list provides (and an occasional thought about the OPP). Going
cry now, I'm so happy.....