The 2.0 lives - part III (at my wit's end)

Jeff,

Mine just did the same thing recently, I filled from the upper hose and
drilled hole in the tstat and replaced the water pump and radiator. It took
me two days to fully burp the system, I got the car upto 7/8 on the gauge
with the expansion tank cap loose and then let it sit over night. Low and
behold the damn car took another seemed like 1/2 gallon of antifreeze. Put
the cap on and drove it to work and it has worked ever since. Big pain in
the ass though, the car needs two purge vents one on the radiator and one on
the head (hell even Honduh's have these).

My .02

Brian