aagh, I hate car laws

hi all,

If you live where there is no safety/emissions inspection consider
yourself lucky.

I failed my sfety inspection :(

no rearview mirror - okay give em that one
tie rod worn out - okay give em that one, i noticed that too
no cat installed - dang iknow itll pass emissions but they have to look
for "safety" to make sure it has a cat, what a crock...
struts failed - WTF on this one, 4 brand new bilsteins & 4 brand new
coilover springs. aack. Guess they put it on a lift & noticed the
coilovers didnt sit on the perches when you had the car in the air.
no front swaybar - this one ticked me off, nowhere is a swaybar legally
required, that might be a tell somebody its missing kinda thing, but to
fail because of it? maybe since they had failed me anyway what does it
matter one more thing added on there.

Really, i'm not ticked at the mechanics so much as living in a state where
they make you jump through all these damn hoops.

What made the US great was things like a guy getting a car, fixing it up
changing it & learning inventiveness through it. Now they want us all to
drive the same car, no more than 3 model years old dont touch under the
hood if you change it it has to be certified by somebody we think is
smarter than you not to pollute.

Why should the government care what is under my hood as long as the
tailpipe sniffs clean? screw em all.

Sorry to vent, I feel better now. I was planning to get throttle bodies
but after this, I can see having to put the CIS-e back in every 2 years to
satisfy some &^%#$%^*@#&$% pencil pushing beaurocrats neighboorhood excuse
for a  mechanic minion. I may do it anyway, who knows. Funny thing is the
ITB's are more efficient technologically advanced and probably twice as
clean to the sniffer.

take care,

Steve "american ingenuity is being killed" White

P.S. anyone wanna sign me up for a PO box in a state that doesnt test at
all? hehe.

     If you see a mad professor in a minibus, just smile. --James Bond
                      http://westfailure.org