16V brakes

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C1D4CB.5AE6A880

Thanks for all your replies. To answer some of the questions,
the car is 1987 scirocco 16V, I change the brake fluid every 6-8 months =
with castrol LMA, bleed the air etc..
I drove a Corrado G-60 and that has more "grab" than my Scirocco. I =
think the problem lies with the pads. Those mintex red pads need to be =
warmed up quite a bit. the first two stops in the morning are a little =
scary. The loss of grabbing was more evident during cold weather even =
when the car had be driven for a while. In combination with drilled =
discs that cool faster, those pads cool fast and they don't grab well. I =
will try some stock pads next time and see what happens.
Cathy, I like the TDI, kind of slow, but great for the highway.
This is my second TDI. I had a 1999 that got T-boned by a drunk driver =
who ran a red light. I believe that car  was cursed. Let me tell you how =
i came to that conclusion.
The car was made in germany, I was happy for that I don't like Mexican =
made VWs. I figure the car was made right.
In the first six months bulbs start burning up. One night coming back =
home the infamous glowplug relay dies. Car stalls thank god in my =
street. dealer fixes it. next the blinker relay dies a month later. I =
had taken that car so many times to the dealer for all those electrical =
gremlins. electrical problems fixed , I figure, the car will be OK. one =
day i notice the paint-black- is bubbling on the roof. i wash the car =
and check all painted exterior carefully....The clear coat is peeling =
off on the hood and on the rear hatch the paint feels grainy like sand =
was mixed with the paint. That was it.
I had enough. i arrange thru the dealer for a VW rep to check it. When I =
see the rep, he tells me it was industrial pollution that caused the =
paint damage. I show him the clear coat damage and ask his opinion about =
that. " You must have driven thru a construsction site" he replies. I =
show him the hatch area and he tells me acid rain. At that point I =
started screaming and making references on those new water based paints =
VW is using. The rep pauses and he agrees to repaint the car.   i also =
used the lawyer threat too.
Car gets repainted and gets totalled after two months.
I did get the second TDI silver made in Brazil though which must be a =
good thing  because in 10,000 miles nothing has gone wrong with it.
BTW, I must have left a "good" impression with the dealer after this =
incident. I took  my friend  and his G-60 Corrado there to replace the =
heater core under recall and they had it done the next day without =
charging the diagnostic fee..he, he, he

Demetri

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C1D4CB.5AE6A880

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for all your replies. To answer =
some of the=20
questions,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>the car is 1987 scirocco 16V, I change =
the brake=20
fluid every 6-8 months with castrol LMA, bleed the air =
etc..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I drove a Corrado G-60 and that has =
more "grab"=20
than my Scirocco. I think the problem lies with the pads. Those mintex =
red pads=20
need to be warmed up quite a bit. the first two stops in the morning are =
a=20
little scary. The loss of grabbing was more&nbsp;evident during cold =
weather=20
even when the car had be driven for a while. In combination with drilled =
discs=20
that cool faster, those pads cool fast and they don't grab well. I will =
try some=20
stock pads next time and see what happens.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cathy,&nbsp;I like the TDI, kind of =
slow, but great=20
for the highway.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This is my second TDI.&nbsp;I had a =
1999 that got=20
T-boned by a drunk driver who ran a red light. I believe that car&nbsp; =
was=20
cursed. Let me tell you how i came to that conclusion.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The car was made in germany, I&nbsp;was =
happy for=20
that I don't like Mexican made VWs.&nbsp;I figure the car was made=20
right.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In the first six months bulbs start =
burning up. One=20
night coming back home the infamous glowplug relay dies. Car stalls =
thank god in=20
my street. dealer fixes it. next the blinker relay dies a month later. I =
had=20
taken that car so many times to the dealer for all those electrical =
gremlins.=20
electrical problems fixed ,&nbsp;I figure, the car will be OK. one day i =
notice=20
the paint-black- is bubbling on the roof. i wash the car and=20
check&nbsp;all&nbsp;painted exterior carefully....The clear coat is =
peeling off=20
on the hood and&nbsp;on the rear hatch the paint feels grainy like sand =
was=20
mixed with the paint.&nbsp;That was it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I had enough. i arrange thru the dealer =
for a VW=20
rep to check it.&nbsp;When&nbsp;I see the rep, he tells me it was =
industrial=20
pollution that caused the paint damage. I show&nbsp;him the clear coat =
damage=20
and ask his opinion about that. " You must have driven thru a =
construsction=20
site" he replies. I show him the hatch area and he tells me acid rain. =
At that=20
point I started screaming and making references on those new water based =
paints=20
VW is using. The rep&nbsp;pauses and he agrees to repaint the =
car.&nbsp;&nbsp; i=20
also used the lawyer threat too.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Car gets repainted and gets totalled =
after two=20
months.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I did get the second TDI silver made in =
Brazil=20
though which must be a good thing</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2> because=20
in 10,000 miles nothing has gone wrong with it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>BTW, I must have left a "good" =
impression with the=20
dealer after this incident. I took&nbsp; my friend&nbsp; and his G-60 =
Corrado=20
there to replace the heater core&nbsp;under recall and they had it done =
the next=20
day without charging the diagnostic fee..he, he, he</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Demetri</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C1D4CB.5AE6A880--