[luck-bad-->worse]: arrested saturday looong (but interesting)

Michael Abatzis wrote:

> so i'm supposed to be on for a lovely 36 hour shift starting saturday
> morning. drag my tired ass out of bed and drive about 1 out of the 2 miles i
> need to drive. i forgot my wallet, as i often do when i wear scrubs, at
> home. get pulled over cuz the cop i guess wanted to check out the temp
> plates on the new roc (you have 30 days to get real ones in georgia). next
> thing i know i'm in cuffs b/c of a suspended license (i have a mass license,
> but my car is registered/insured in ga) and no proof of insurance (i keep
> forgetting you need this in ga--i usually keep the card in my car, but with
> the new one and all...so i put it in my wallet) totally blindsided, had no
> idea that it was suspended or why.

Wheeeeeeee!  This sounds Soooo familiar.

I would get all your documents, including the change of address stuff
and go to trail. Get as much thrown out as possible. Fight.

TBerk
I didn't get Mirandized either. Maybe they don't care anymore.