Question on LUMPY idle (was: Lightened Flywheels)

Cory-
It would take a SERIOUS cam to make your VW 'lumpy'.  More likely, it's fuel
mixture that's off.
Pros on lightened flywheel:  quicker revving/acceleration
Cons: only the cost of the machine work. It, by itself, will not cause a
lumpy idle.

Larry   sandiego16V

> It has what I would call a very "lumpy" idle.  It starts on first crank,
> and it is quiet as hell starting.  But once idling it tends to sound
> "lumpy" and a little loud.  Loud is due to that Eurosport exhaust that
> was put into the thing by the P.O., unfortunately he did not know what
> was done to the engine as he only had it a short time.
>
> So what causes this LUMPINESS> My first thought was a cam.  I did not
realize that a lightened flywheel