Question on LUMPY idle (was: Lightened Flywheels)

Okay.  This may sound like a stupid question to some, but live with it
:)

The old beater just got munched again (scirocco vs Cube van, guess who
won).  This time the insurance decided not to fix it (been hit 4 times
in 3 months) so they cashed me out on it.

Still needing a car to drive while the turbo project is being worked on,
I ran out and bought an '83 cheap (another beater - but potential to fix
up)

Here is the question:

It has what I would call a very "lumpy" idle.  It starts on first crank,
and it is quiet as hell starting.  But once idling it tends to sound
"lumpy" and a little loud.  Loud is due to that Eurosport exhaust that
was put into the thing by the P.O., unfortunately he did not know what
was done to the engine as he only had it a short time.

So what causes this LUMPINESS?  It is not the "roll" you get sometimes
when the engine is older, or miss adjusted.  It really sounds lumpy (now
that I know what that sounds like first hand).

My first thought was a cam.  I did not realize that a lightened flywheel
would do this.

Another question (to make this long winded):

It has Jammex Struts/Shocks and Springs installed on it.  It seems to be
sitting rather low. (stock 13 tarantulas seem to just fit into the wheel
wells).  Anyone have any opinions on Jamex stuff?  Is it work keeping or
swapping out for stock springs and  Bilsteins I have on the beater?

--
Cory Langford
'86 Oettinger turbo project