non-fluxuating DPR current (was: CIS-E brain damaged?)

At 09:34 PM 3/24/2002, Allyn wrote:
>     no, not that, my first rocco slowly got to the point where you could
> floor it at idle and it
>would me as if you did nothing, it would creep up slowly and finally gain
>some speed after 1500-2000
>rpm. dpr current had nothing to do with it, as it was the compression. The
>engine wasnt generating
>the vacuum it needed to lift the plate when the throttle position changed.
>     As for the non-fluctiating value, while my cars dpr may have been
> working correctly, a
>non-fluctuating dpr value wont make a car not rev. If the dpr is at a
>value such that the rocco
>holds an idle, it will rev, simple as that. It may rev like dog crap, but
>rpm will rise the instant
>you git the throttle.

Hang on -- if the DPR current is non-fluctuating, it means the computer is
in limp-home mode because it's missing one of the inputs needed to
determine the correct mixture -- O2 sensor reading, temp sensor reading,
whatever.  So first find out what's causing that.

Secondly, your air plate should move easily and smoothly.  The engine not
responding when you hit the gas sounds like it's running very lean.  That
makes perfect sense --- if the plate is sticking, it's not getting enough fuel.

Lube the plate, find out why your car is in open-loop, and go from there...

Jason