cross drilled rotors Scott Williams is WRONG!

Aireq wrote:

> Ok this may be an ignorant question. But where does the heat go after the
> disc get's heated through friction? I mean is that worked into the design of
> this and or other cars? Or the designers just asumme that the heat will
> disperse through the axle and other parts connected to the brake system. Has
> anyone ever though of designing some kind of heat sink for the break system
> on a car? You know like the fins you see on top of power amplifiers or
> computer processors.
>
> aireq
>
> Jason Snow wrote:
>
> > Okay guys, so the best bet (when I need new rotors again) is to buy
> > stock and call it a day?
>
> You might consider the Ate "Power Disc" rotors with the atom-shaped groove.
> They are not much more $ than OEM and allegedly are effective in adding
> cooling.
> Kevin Collins

1. The ATE disks are what I was talking about.

2. The answer is the heat goes away into the atmosphere. It might get
there via conduction through the wheel or axle 1st though but it will
still 'evaporate'. :)

Better than fins would be cooling ducts aimed at the rotors. That same
corrugated tubing used for home made ram air setups would do it.

TBerk