cross drilled rotors Scott Williams is WRONG!

On 3/23/02 2:00 PM, "Brett Van Sprewenburg" <brett@netacc.net> wrote:

> Oh, I forgot to address the slotted units...
>
> Slotting rotors OTOH, might be a consideration.  Cutting thin slots
> across the face
> of the rotor can actually help clean the face of the brake pads over
> time, helping
> to reduce the glazing often found during high-speed use which can lower the
> coefficient of friction.

Stepping into this flamewar without my asbsestos suit on:

I'm running the AtE Atom rotors on my Passat and convertible; I put them on
because I heard (somewhere) that the slots can help duct water away when
they get wet.

May be apocryphal.

<ducking out of the line of fire>