Axle nut

Intall a brand-new nut with some loctite, then lean on that bitch for
all you're worth with a 3' or 4' pipe on your breaker bar.

And a big DOPE SLAP for - and I quote - "NO REDLINE RUNS".  Whassa
matta wif you, boy??

;)

Ron
--- Larry <rocco16v@netzero.com> wrote:
> Last month, two years after replacing both drive shaft assemblies,
> the
> passenger-side bearing squalls as I'm leaving the house and turning
> right.
> Go home, check the axle nut, can put about 1/8 turn on it.  Noise is
> gone.
> Three weeks later, same noise is back, nut can take another 1/8 turn.
> Tighten it, noise gone.
>
> Now, anyone had this happen ('87 16V, daily driver, NOT abused in any
> way-no
> clutch dumps, power shifts, redline runs, etc) to them?   I'm afraid
> to take
> the thing to work!! (20 miles)
>   I'm preparing to replace wheel bearings, but am not completely
> convinced
> this will cure it.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Larry  sandiego16V

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.