Front Wheel Bearings Revisited

Different bearing sizes on the Jetta (72mm) Scirocco (64mm). It is a very
simple procedure.

Take it to a shop the has a press, first have them press out the hub ( the
inner bearing race will come out with it) remove the race from the hub.

Remove both inner and outer cir-clips and press out the remainder of the
bearing.

Install new cir-clip on the outboard side, then grease the bearing outercase
and press the bearing until seated on the cir-clip.

Install the inner cir-clip, and then grease the hub shaft that goes into the
bearing.

This is the tricky part set the hub on the press hub shaft up and center the
freshly pressed carrier assembly on it and press it together (making sure
you press on the race otherwise you will pop the race out).

Really simple and it mister Patrick Bureau had his tech note down I could
point you to some pics.

I am doing it next week on mine and did it just recently on my Jetta get
your bearing kits from www.gapa.com $28 a kit per side for the roc.

HTH

Brian