I dont't really wanna sell my rocco

If there is anyway to keep both, I'd try that.  having two running cars
gives you the chance to do crazy stuff when you $ troubles are over.
Than again, if you do get $2500, there seem to be straight 8v's around
for a few hundred that you can get later.  If you put a Scirocco.org
sticker on your Gti, we'll still think of you as one of the group.