Pick and pull goodies, and some q's about the '84

well no its not a drop and plug on a 1984 CIS 8v engine .If you drop the 91
16v into your car you will need to find a harness for the monotronic system.
the intake/exhaust are not built the same way either (no bolt on fit), also
the distributor is a diferent beast problem, you would need a 91 passat 2l
16v gear and slap it on your distributor then plug that inot the engine.

overhall you are looking at a lot of work. not just a slap in and turn the
key,