AutoX Stuff...

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 16:23:09 -0800 "Krazy Horse"
<nightmare16v1988@hotmail.com> writes:
>well everyone, when i head up to ND this year i will be competing in
>my
>first ever AutoX. dont really know what to expect or what to do. is
>there
>any site where i can look at the rules and regulations?

<www.scca.org>
Poke around there.

>also, i know that i
>will probably need a helmet (and i dont think that they will like my
>ProTec
>to much!) so what kind should i get? i remember someone telling me
>once that the helmet cant be any more than 5 years old. is this true?

More than likely any helmet will do fine for this event. This isnt a SCCA
event, its being put on by some local SCCA people so the rules might or
might not be fully enforced. Id suspect that ND would have a final say on
stuff like that. The SCCA says you gotta have a certain rating (cant
remember what it is right now, like Snell 95 or newer? forget. Web site
has it.)

>also, what class
>should i compete in? when i go up there, i am hoping to have a G60
>Turbo in my Scirocco. thanks for you input everyone! i am really looking

>forward to it.

Run it with me in FSP!
Kidding. again, check out the web site, it should have classing info for
you there but you might be able to get away with running SM for this
event. It just depends on how ND decides to class the cars.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"  84' Scirocco 8V
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.