Burnt valves, weak coil, exorcism. (AGAIN-plz read)

Well, it might be the coil, but they tend to be heat sensitive as they=20
fail.  They tend to be OK when cold, but get progressively worse as they=20
warm up.  The Bentley test would not detect this, of course.  When my coil=
=20
failed, the car would always idle fine, but the car would start to miss at=
=20
high RPM.  The worse the coil got, the lower the RPM where it would start=20
to miss.

If you had a burnt valve, the failure would be consistent (all the time at=
=20
all RPMs).

Can you get your hands on another distributor to see if it makes a=20
difference?  It might be the Hall sensor.

HTH

John