Burnt valves, weak coil, exorcism. (AGAIN-plz read)

I have a 1988 16v rocco with 116 grand on 'er.
The car starts DECENT but
not right up.  The idle is finicky-the tach seems to
be having a siezure
at idle, moving up and down about 1/16th of an
inch about 5-8 times a second-and
sometimes the engine cannot find idle.  300
rpm-1200-300-1200 etc.  The
engine also misses-almost seems like 1 of the 4
cylinders isnt firing regularly.
but this is not a constant problem.  it is
intermittent.  sometimes the
engine runs fine-below 4 grand- and sometimes
it runs, well, worse than
a 3 leggéd dog.  The engine almost always just
sputters above 4 grand, but
sometimes pushes through it and revs all the way
to the orange.  here is
a complete list of the parts i have replaced and
the tests i have done:

REPLACED: fuel filter, coolant temperature
sensor, thermotime switch, ignition
control module, lambda sensor (OXS)  and
control unit, BOTH fuel pumps,
plugs (many times- the car loved to load em up b4
i replaced the o2 sensor),
wires, cap, rotor.

TESTED:  differential pressure regulator, hall
effect sender, idle air regulator,
idle and full throttle switch, compression, timing,
timing advance

there are no vacuum leaks and no bad grounds.

I have done a resistance test on teh coil as per
bentley and the numbers
were dead center.  Does this mean the coil is
DEFINATELY good?  or can a
coil start to fail at high RPM's or be weak? Also, i
have a friend who had
similair problems on his car(1974 superbeetle),
and found it was a single
burnt valve.  Has anyone had any experience with
a burnt valve in a 16v
rocco?  i am running out of parts to replace that
could fix the problem,
and running out of parts to replace, period.  Not to
mention my left asscheek
is starting to hurt because the padding in my
wallet is getting thin.  If
anyone out there can contribute a helpful word,
HELP ME PLEASE!

thinknig of giving up and selling car to junkyard,
Dan Miller

if i shoot my roocco between the headlights, will it
roll over an dlook
like this?