AutoX Stuff...

You are correct. M95 or SA95 is the oldest helmet
allowed by SCCA rules. But ND may not be an SCCA
event, so they may follow different rules...

Many autocrosses have loaner helmets available, so you
might not have to buy anything.

IMHO, I've never seen an SA helmet for anything less
than $200. Anybody know where to get one? If you
haven't even done your first autocross, don't blow
money on an SA helmet. Use a loaner, borrow one from a
friend, or get a $65 motorcycle (M) helmet. If you
decide to go road-racing, $200 for an SA helmet will
be the cheapest thing you buy when you go road-racing
anyway!

Neal

--- Mike VanAmburgh <E30@iLand.net> wrote:
> This site is really good for reference to the rules.
>  It looks like it's
> updated for 2002 also.  http://moutons.org/sccasolo/
>
> The oldest helmet that is legal now is 7 years old.
> I believe the
> M/SA85 became obsolete in 2000 and the M/SA90 became
> obsolete after
> 2001, but hopefully Neal or Mr. Meze will correct me
> if I'm wrong.  As
> far as I know, you'll need a rating of M95.

=====
~Neal