26th Anniversary

Yep! Today is the 26th anniversary of buying my first Scirocco. '76 Lime
green with a plaid interior. I wore that poor thing out racing up and
down Wild Horse Creek Rd in the St. Louis suburbs. I remember one time
running down a built '68 Camaro on that road. Defeated only one time (at
the Nationals, of course) in 13 events in GS autox in '78.
I've owned a Scirocco ever since, except for a vicious brain fart in '84
when I sold my turboed '79 for an SVO Mustang. In 6 months I grew to
hate that Mustang so bad I took a $3000 hit to get rid of it and buy the
'84 Scirocco that I still drive today.
Wonder if I should stockpile a couple so I can drive one until I'm
senile?
Dan