26th Anniversary

MMMmmmm....Lime green with plaid interior!

I would (and I'm totally serious here) pay big money
for a clean '76-'77 in that color with those seats.
Katie likes green and has a wierd plaid fetish. She
flipped out when I showed her the dealer brochure from
'77. She'd take that over a diamond ring any day,
'cause she's cool like that. :)

We seriously considered changing our '77 from Pearl
Metallic, but decided to keep it original to avoid
problems. By the time I sanded through all the crappy
aftermarket paint, I might as well have changed it
anyway. Oh well. I like Pearl Met. too.

Congrats! You got your first Scirocco when I was six
months old!

Neal (26-1/2...roughly)

--- Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Yep! Today is the 26th anniversary of buying my
> first Scirocco. '76 Lime
> green with a plaid interior. I wore that poor thing
> out racing up and
> down Wild Horse Creek Rd in the St. Louis suburbs. I
> remember one time
> running down a built '68 Camaro on that road.
> Defeated only one time (at
> the Nationals, of course) in 13 events in GS autox
> in '78.
> I've owned a Scirocco ever since, except for a
> vicious brain fart in '84
> when I sold my turboed '79 for an SVO Mustang. In 6
> months I grew to
> hate that Mustang so bad I took a $3000 hit to get
> rid of it and buy the
> '84 Scirocco that I still drive today.
> Wonder if I should stockpile a couple so I can drive
> one until I'm
> senile?
> Dan

=====