[[ot] dealerships and how to handle the fsk'her's]

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:09:53 -0800, you wrote:

>2) Go car buying when the weather's not so nice--because most potential
>customers will be staying home. You'll probably have the lot to =
yourself.

Sounds good for car shopping.  OTOH, I've heard that if it's a truck
you're looking for, rainy days bring in the construction guys who
aren't working.

>3) Go shopping in the evening and act as though you're in no hurry to =
get
>home. They'll be more likely to make a deal because they probably want =
>eventually get home.

One of my dad's rules for car shopping.  "If you haven't made the
salesman hungry (by keeping him into the dinner hour), you didn't get
the best deal."

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9
http://home.att.net/~gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm