exhaust manifold

--part1_f5.18642ee2.29bf8317_boundary

Another nice little trick if it comes down a stripped nut. Get your self a
nice sharp chissle and split the nut length-wise, then just peel it off of
the bolt. Be careful at the und of the cut not to totally distort the threads
on the bolt. My father with about 45 years of experience pulled this out of
his bag of tricks when doing a header on my 8v and it worked wonders, granted
I broke two studs ayway, but this saved me from screwing up any more.

PS get your self a stud remover socket if you break a stud, it makes life
sooo much easier. In an emergency situation try borrowing the tool from a
local mechenic, he should have it.

Randy
87' 2.0L 16v Scirocco
"Special Broke Ass Ghetto Edition"
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

--part1_f5.18642ee2.29bf8317_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Another nice little trick if it comes down a stripped nut. Get your self a nice sharp chissle and split the nut length-wise, then just peel it off of the bolt. Be careful at the und of the cut not to totally distort the threads on the bolt. My father with about 45 years of experience pulled this out of his bag of tricks when doing a header on my 8v and it worked wonders, granted I broke two studs ayway, but this saved me from screwing up any more.<BR>
<BR>
PS get your self a stud remover socket if you break a stud, it makes life sooo much easier. In an emergency situation try borrowing the tool from a&nbsp; local mechenic, he should have it.</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000a0" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Randy <BR>
87' 2.0L 16v Scirocco <BR>
"Special Broke Ass Ghetto Edition"</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000a0" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_f5.18642ee2.29bf8317_boundary--