misinformation rides again!!!!

Wrong-amungo there good buddy...the quattro system and the Haldex (4-motion)
system are not related.  From Haldextraction web site:

"The design of the Haldex LSC is based on a Swedish patent acquired by the
Haldex Group.  The unique design of the Haldex LSC comprises three
functional parts:
- The hydraulic pump driven by
- the slip between the axles/wheels.
- The wet multi-plate clutch.
- The controllable throttle valve
- with its electronics.
The unit can be viewed as a hydraulic pump, where the housing and an annular
piston are connected to one shaft and a piston actuator connected to the
other.
The two shafts are connected via the wet multi-plate clutch pack, normally
unloaded and thus transferring no torque between the shafts.
When both shaft are rotating at the same speed, there is no pumping action.
Immediately as a speed difference occurs, the pumping and starts to generate
oil pressure. As a piston pump there is virtually instant reaction with no
low speed pumping loss.
The oil flows to a clutch piston, compressing the clutch pack, braking the
speed difference between the axles. The oil returns to the reservoir via a
contollable throttle valve, which controls the oil pressure and the force on
the clutch package.
In traction/high slip conditions a high pressure is delivered, while in
tight curves, i.e. parking, or at high speeds a much lower pressure is
provided.

Quattro, OTOH, "in its current state makes use of a Torsen self-locking
center differential between the front and rear axles that allows for
diversion of up to two-thirds of the engine's power to be diverted to the
front or the back. Current versions of quattro also make use of an
electronic differential lock (EDL) that allows the Audi to maintain forward
momentum even with only a single tire having sufficient grip." From vwvortex

Basically, Quattro has a mechanical center differential and electronic front
and rear differential slip control using the abs system.  Earlier versions
used a manual locking system on the rear diff.

Haldex uses a fluid center differential with the above mentioned F&R diff
slip control.

Totally different systems, and different driving dynamics too.

Marc