Subaru? Dead horse rides again!!!!

Holy smokes!!!  Misinformation city!

OK, in no particular order, here goes...
1) the only vehicle sold in the US with the 4-motion system is the Audi TT.
The Passat is actually equipped with the Audi quattro system.  The 4-motion
system is only used in tranverse mounted drivetrains, however, VAG needs to
distinguish between Audi and VW so all Audi's will keep the quattro name
regardless of actual system used.

2) the passat 4-motion is only available in Tiptronic...yuck.  Contrary to
popular belief, they are available in the US, they do however list for $30K
plus, these are loaded.  You can't buy a stripped passat with 4-motion.

3)  VW *IS* producing a SUV, in conjuntion with Porsche using the same
platform but different sheetmetal.  the VW one will be mid-upper $30K!!!!!
What crap!

4) VW does produce a *normal* minivan, its called the Sharon.  Yet another
fine VAG vehicle not imported to the US/Canada.

5) The 337 GTI is basically a good deal, but they are only makeing something
like 2000 of them...good luck NOT getting gouged!  And, it really sound have
been equipped with a Quaife as a dealer installed option...

6) The WRX *does* indeed to low-mid 14's stock...however the lower trap
speeds (93-95 mph generally) indicate that its the traction helping things
here.

7) Dealer prices in *my* area for a WRX minus all the extra crap, like
spoilers and 17 inch wheels, are about 24K...I've checked, trust me.

8) An A3 Jetta GLX with Bilstein Sport/H&R Sports, 28MM rear bar, Upper
strut tie bars front and rear is a huge improvement over stock, but will
still push in low speed corners like an auto-x...It is much better for
road-racing, but the HP isn't there to be competitive.   An A3 with above
suspension mods and the 225 HP 1.8t from a Audi TT would kill...

Just off the top of my head...

Marc
81 Scirocco S
95 Jetta GLX